A few real life stories
- It's chips for lunch! To keep the smell of cooking out of the house, the chip fryer is placed on a stool in the garage. The phone rings and Mum pops inside for a moment. The two year old pulls the electric cable, spilling boiling fat over his neck, torso and legs.
- At a family party, the spirit lamp for the fondue goes out. When it is re-filled at the table with methylated spirits, the bottle explodes in the face and on the torso of the little girl.
- It's dinner time, and what smells so delicious in the saucepan on the stove? Standing on tiptoes to reach the pan, the three year old knocks it over, covering his hands and face in soup.
- Dad is making dinner: but he does not notice his eldest daughter is behind him when he goes to drain the pasta water. Boiling water and pasta spill all over her shoulders and back.
- What’s more fun than a barbecue in summer? The guests have already arrived but the fire won't start. A drop of methylated spirits or petrol should do the trick... that will get the flames going!
- Time to brush teeth before bed. An inquisitive eight year old climbs onto the sink, opens the cupboard and finds a bottle of chemical drain cleaner...soon his chest is covered in it. Hearing his cries, his little brother runs to see what has happened, slips in a puddle of the cleaner, and is burnt all along one side of his body.