The kitchen involves many sources of danger like the fryer, the stove, the oven, hot liquids, cleaning products. Kitchens are not playrooms. The ideal situation would be would be not to allow children to access the kitchen for example by erecting small security barriers.
The following advice is important:
- Equip electrical appliance with spiral ropes that have reels.
- Ensure the fryer is always cooled when handling it. Always return the basket handle inward side.
- Put the pans as often as possible on sources of heat located at the back of the oven.
- Put the handles inward side. Make sure the child cannot have access to the source of heat even with the help of a chair.
- Remember that liquids placed in the microwave warms more quickly than solids. Even when the container seems cold, the liquid contents may be hot.
- Keep maintenance products immediately after use. Put them up as far as possible, out of reach of children.